School Advisory Board
St. Francis Xavier School is fortunate to have an active School Board that works hard throughout the year on behalf of our school community.
Contact Us: SchoolBoard@sfxlg.org
School Advisory Board Structure for 2018-2019
Fr. Bill Tkachuk
Mrs. Sharon Garcia
Catholic Identity Committee
Strategic Planning Committee
Pertinent Document Links:
The purpose of the School Board is:
- to develop, formulate, and adopt policies which govern the operation of the School;
- to hire and evaluate the Principal, in collaboration with the Pastor;
- to review and advise on the annual budget and to determine sources of funding for the School;
- to provide counsel and advise on the operation of the School;
- to participate in the school’s development, student recruitment efforts, and long-range plans;
- to monitor the implementation of the recommendations of the School Improvement Plan;
- to assist in obtaining the goals and objectives of the St. Francis Xavier School Mission Statement; and
- to promote and publicize the School, supporting the School’s public relations and marketing efforts.
The Board currently consists of eleven members who each serve a three-year term. Each member is assigned to a Vision Tenet while the Board President coordinates and leads Board efforts. Tenets are focused around the school’s strategic vision and include:
1. Inspire our Students to do God's work in the world.
2. Offer an excellent academic experience.
3. Provide a sustainable Catholic education.
4. Engage the community.
5. Create and maintain a physical space that inspires.